It’s funny how can one single question may have two significant meanings. The first thing that comes to mind when we talk about energy in the bathroom is how to make savings. But there’s a second reading too. This one has to do with our own energy – how to make the bathroom relaxing so that it will help you unwind and thus make you more energetic. To answer both parts of this dual question, we will focus on all aspects of energy in the bathroom.
How to make your bathroom energy efficient
No, we won’t tell you to take cold showers, walk in a dark room, or shiver from the cold by not turning on the heater. If you are to save to live a miserable life, better not save. But you shouldn’t overdo it either. Not all things are black and white; there are grey zones too. Which are some ways to save energy in the bathroom without changing the quality of your life?
• Focus on your bathroom lighting. By replacing the old bulbs with LEDs, you will save a lot – approx. 80% less energy is used.
• Do the obvious: turn off the bathroom lights when you are not in the room. Let the ventilating fan run until condensation is gone, no longer.
• Prefer to shower than fill the tub with hot water.
• Enjoy your showers but don’t prolong them.
• Don’t keep various devices plugged in when you don’t use them.
• Fix any problem with the heater and the faucets.
When you use less water, you don’t only save water but also energy since it takes some time to heat it. Of course, you can invest in energy-efficient shower heads and get an electric towel rail that will dry your towels so there won’t be a need to use the dryer all the time.
If the bathroom is dated, consider its renovation. With a bathroom remodel every few years, all the old is gone and new, more efficient items can be added.
How to draw energy from your bathroom and relax
Now, if your intention is to draw inner energy from your bathroom, you need to focus on various aspects. Basically, you need to change its style and color and declutter.
• Find ways to keep all bathroom accessories neatly organized – to be within your reach without making the space busy. Adding some cabinets will do the trick. Make sure they blend nicely in the environment – if not, they will disturb you. You can also place some open shelves. Or, go for new bathroom vanity with cabinets.
• Choose one color to be the base and accents. Prefer neutrals for the bathroom design to make it serene and soothing.
• Prefer natural materials for the accessories – bamboo, for example.
• Don’t try to fit everything in a small bathroom. If a tub and a shower cabinet cannot coexist, choose one of the two. If not, the bathroom will be crowded and won’t help you move or relax.
• Treat yourself to some new accessories. Toss the old towel holders and soap dispenser, for example, and get new ones. Create a comfort zone with beautiful, matching things that will make you feel good and fill you with joy.
When the bathroom is neat, the colors are neutral, and the environment is soothing, you can easily unwind and fill with energy. And that’s exactly what you need for your hectic life. Don’t you?